. . .and what to do when you’re here in SF.
Being a local, it’s kind of cute to hear what people say about San Francisco. Or in this case, which songs a visit brings to mind. So here you go, from my Ritz Carlton sales representative and gentleman extraordinaire, Jeremy. And when you book your plane tickets call me for your Ritz reservation. Besides a free breakfast, some other exclusive perks and much TLC we can offer a little bit on the ‘what to do’ side… Josh
I’m heading for that golden gate hoping I won’t be too late,
to find the one that I still love.
It’s you I’m dreaming of, San Francisco nights.
San Francisco days, San Francisco nights.
San Francisco days, San Francisco nights.
San Francisco…The City by the Bay. This singular destination has inspired songwriters, artists, writers and of course….travelers.
While I have been to San Francisco several times, I will candidly say that each time I visit I notice new and exciting features that compel me to embrace this city as one of my favorite destinations. From a city that continues to grow and evolve as the hub of the dot com industry to one that exudes European sophistication and charm…where people take time for themselves and enjoy the numerous cafes and restaurants that line every corner. On this trip, I spent more time around the bay and noticed the influences of the bay and the micro-climates on the city than ever before…and it was magical. There are so many reasons to visit San Francisco and the surrounding areas…and one of the best, is the opportunity to combine a town and country experience with The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco and The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. These two iconic properties have just emerged from transformational renovations where the magic of the destination is now displayed throughout the décor and offerings of each hotel.
The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
- Drawing inspiration from the Bay and the city’s iconic fog, the hotel’s 336 guest rooms, inclusive of 60 suites, have been reborn in palettes of steely blues and greys, while furnishings take their cues from the alluring designs of couture fashion and men’s fine tailoring
- The new guest rooms complete the historic landmark’s multi-phase renovation that began with the re-opening of its signature restaurant, Parallel 37, in December 2011, the unveiling of the lobby and The Lounge in February 2012, and the completion of its new meeting spaces and ballroom in September 2014
- Virtual concierges are now available on the lobby level offering guests access to maps and information about local restaurants and events
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay
- The hotel offers 261 guest rooms and suites where 2/3 of the keys features ocean or coast lines views. Guest have the choice of selecting from either the main building of the guests house for their residence. Important note: The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay is pet friendly but only for guest house offerings
- Inspired by the cool tones of grey and blue from the neighboring Pacific Ocean, mixed with beachside accents such as pickled wood entry floors and driftwood inspired night stands, the enhanced guestrooms radiate a sense of a California coastal estate
- For an added level of luxury, The Ritz-Carlton Club Lounge has also been enhanced. Located on the fifth floor with stunning views on the Ocean Lawn and the Pacific coastline, the lounge has been opened up to provide more access to the gorgeous views of the coastline
Special Notes from My Journey
- Heard of the famous “Painted Ladies” in San Francisco?!? The iconic cluster of row homes made famous by many television shows?! Well, I actually learned that there are painted ladies all over San Francisco. Any Victorian era row home that has three or more colors of paint are considered a painted lady. Who knew!? On a side note…for architecture lovers…there are over 14,000 Victorian homes left in san Francisco.
- Visit Café Zoetrope, located at 916 Kearney Street. Named after Francis Ford Copola’s production company, this restaurant offers wonderful Italian fare that should not be missed.
- The Buena Vista Café for the most amazing Irish Coffee!
- The best pizza in the city can be found at Tony’s Pizzeria Napoletana. The restaurant is home base of 11 time World Pizza Champion Tony Gemignani.
- Shopping lover?!?! Guests will love the shops at Union Square or Fillmore Street…however for more eclectic choices head to the Hayes Valley neighborhood
- Best photo op of the Golden Gate Bridge is from the Marin Headlands! Not to be missed!!!
- The Coastline Trail is the best kept secret for guests visiting Half Moon Bay. It offers sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, access to several beaches and excellent nature viewing…including bird watching
- An absolute destination MUST….Cioppino Seafood stew at The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay. The heartiness is only exceeded by the beautiful vistas available from Navio Restaurant
- Enjoy your own private “Sideways” experience in the comfort of The Ritz-Carlton. Eno Wine Bar is a gorgeous venue for tine flights and tastings by two heralded sommeliers.
Please remember that these two properties combined created a gorgeous itinerary for guests to enjoy a “Little Town and Country by the Bay.”
josh friedman luxury travel
in san francisco
415.987.0372 | joshfriedmantravel.com
an independent affiliate of travel experts | a virtuoso agency
facebook twitter flickr you tube
four seasons preferred partner
Josh Friedman is an old-fashioned travel agent offering highly personalized 24/7 service. Specialties include high-end and bespoke luxury travel for small groups and individuals. His areas of expertise include ultra-luxury cruises, customized vacations & luxury hotel stays. He also plans spectacular honeymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations and completes trips that clients have started and just can’t quite figure out how to finish.
His relationships built over twenty years with the world’s top hotels, cruise lines and local agencies will ensure your successful vacation. As a client you get exclusive and complimentary perks that you can’t get on your own — from VIP introduction to the hotel’s management to upgrades, scrumptious breakfasts and hotel spending credits.
Call Josh for details, excellent pricing, the ultimate in service & exclusive hotel amenities with Virtuoso.
4083 24th street, #460250, san francisco, ca 94114 cst# 2080753-40