This is the latest from Viking River Cruises per their industry update February 14, 2012. I sell a fair amount of river cruises and would counsel my clients to 1/book early as capacity is really limited and 2/be ship specific and cruise line specific as not all ships are the same, and you might have a strong preference for one style vs. another.
For instance, Viking’s six new 190 guest ‘Longship’ Class vessels are quite different from the majority of their fleet. The look of the public areas is very contemporary with high ceilings, lots of glass and marble. The design firm is the same one that did the newer Seabourn ships, and you can see the similarities. There are full suites of 445 square feet (tub/shower), and veranda suites of 270 square feet (shower only). Regular veranda cabins are 205 square feet.
WHY RIVER CRUISING?
– The biggest benefit of river cruising is the destination as the ships dock in the heart of the towns and cities
– Small ships with just 66 to 260 guests
– Resort casual
– Port or starboard irrelevant
– All cabins and suites have river views, some with windows that open (french balconies), traditional balconies
– No motion sickness
– Central Europe, Ukraine, Russia, china, Vietnam/Cambodia, Egypt/Nile
– Portugal’s Douro river in 2013
VIKING RIVER CRUISES AMENITIES
– Complimentary wine, beer soda with lunch and dinner
– Complimentary mimosas with breakfast
– Optional beverage plan
– No corkage fees
– Complimentary Wi-Fi
– Comprehensive shore excursions included
– Chef tours of local markets
– Home cultural excursions
– Old world highlight include cuckoo clock making, wooden shoe carving, tai chi lessons, traditional Russian tea service & more
– Classic American
– Regional specialties
– Healthier alternative every day
– Single seating
– Martin Yan menu in China
– U.S. Beef, not European (due to customer request)
ITINERARIES | Most Popular
– Amsterdam to Budapest or vice-versa (2 weeks)
– Amsterdam to Basel or vice-versa (1 week Rhine Getaway)
– St Petersburg to Moscow
– Shanghai to Beijing
– Amsterdam to Bucharest for 21 days
– Amsterdam to Prague
2013 sailings now available at 2012 prices
2 for 1 pricing
[all promotions subject to change so please ask for latest]
Josh Friedman is a travel agent specializing in luxury travel for small groups and individuals – particularly ultra-luxury cruises, customized vacations and food & wine inspired journeys. Based in San Francisco, and with clients throughout the USA and abroad, his business is focused on 24/7 personalized service to the sophisticated leisure and business traveler. His personal relationships with the world’s top hotels, cruise lines and local agencies often allows for exclusive amenities and VIP status.
If you’d like to learn more about luxury travel and our services, please contact Josh Friedman Luxury Travel in San Francisco’s Financial District via phone at 415.987.0372 or email: josh [at] joshfriedmantravel [dot] com. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook, too.
associated with casto, a virtuoso member and four seasons preferred partner, 500 sansome st., san francisco, ca 94111 cst#1008439-10