Now a Ritz Carlton partner hotel.
I’ve posted blogs in the past from my Ritz Carlton sales rep extradonaire Jeremy. Here’s his latest:
The Hotel de la Paix. Built in 1865 and named, The Peace Hotel, the property has witnessed a host of historic events. One of the most interesting is that in 1872 the hotel hosted an international arbitration panel to process the Alabama claims. A little interesting history…the Alabama Claims were a series of demands for damages, sought by the United States government from the British government in 1869, for the attacks upon American merchant ships by the CSS Alabama and similar warships, built secretly in Britain and sold to the Confederate States Navy during the American Civil War. The room where the treaty was signed is named The Alabama Salon and in a world today with so much turmoil…I think it is kind of special to know that this new Ritz-Carlton hotel offers a legacy of peace.
With the Hotel de la Paix now flying The Ritz-Carlton flag, the property will undergo a massive guest room transformation that will elevate the 75 guest rooms and suites to a contemporary, warm and inviting boutique experience very focused on personal interaction between guest and hotelier.
The Hotel de la Paix, a Ritz-Carlton Partner Hotel:
- While all the luxury hotels in the city are situated on Quai du Mont-Blanc, The Hotel de la Paix occupies the premier position on the street with the most gorgeous panoramic views of Lake Geneva, majestic Mont Blanc, The Jet d’Eau and the skyline of the city featuring the many marquis of the luxury brands that make Geneva a shopping paradise
- Approximately 70% of the guestrooms and suites enjoy lake views while the remaining 30% overlook a leafy courtyard that is very pleasant and peaceful
- Grace Kelly once stayed at the hotel and her presence is felt today as she has a commemorative suite named in her honor
- Once the guest room renovation concludes in late 2016, the hotel will be re-launched as The Ritz-Carlton Hotel de la Paix, Geneva. Until that time, the property is operating as a partner hotel.
Geneva Insights and Recommendations:
- Geneva is known for being the gateway to the magnificent Swiss and French countryside. Perfect for taking in the summer landscapes or the world class skiing available at Chamonix, les Houches, La Clusaz, St Gervais, and Courchevel
- With the most international organizations calling Geneva home; the city is known as the worldwide center of diplomacy. Such organizations include the United Nations, The Red Cross and World Trade Organization
- While many people travel to Geneva on business, there is a host of interesting leisure sights that are not to be missed:
o The Brunswick Monument – The final resting place of the Duke of Brunswick who endowed the city of Geneva upon his passing
o The Flower Clock – Located in the English Garden, this symbol celebrates the world famous Swiss watch making industry
o Saint-Peter Cathedral – The main Protestant place of worship that was built in the 12th and 13th century
o The United Nations Building – Originally built to accommodate the League of Nations; the building now houses the European Headquarters of the United Nations
While I only had about 48 hours in the city, I can definitely recommend two wonderful restaurants for your guests:
CIBUS Restaurant: Located on the Quai Gustave-Ador and helmed by the wonderful Ernesta Nobile D’Addario; CIBUS offers a warm, cozy and casual atmosphere with some of the best pasta dishes I have ever experienced
Vertig’O: In honoring this restaurant with one Michelin Star, the inspector offered the perfect quote that sums up this amazing dining experience at The Ritz-Carlton: “Despite its name, you will experience no Hitchcock-like fear in this restaurant, where the cuisine is the only thing likely to raise your heartbeat. The dishes are beautifully presented and deceptively simple, allowing the flavour of the ingredients to shine through.”
josh friedman luxury travel
in san francisco
415.987.0372 | joshfriedmantravel.com
an independent affiliate of travel experts | a virtuoso agency
facebook twitter flickr you tube
four seasons preferred partner
Josh Friedman is an old-fashioned travel agent offering highly personalized 24/7 service. Specialties include high-end and bespoke luxury travel for small groups and individuals. His areas of expertise include ultra-luxury cruises, customized vacations & luxury hotel stays. He also plans spectacular honeymoons, anniversary and birthday celebrations and completes trips that clients have started and just can’t quite figure out how to finish.
His relationships built over twenty years with the world’s top hotels, cruise lines and local agencies will ensure your successful vacation. As a client you get exclusive and complimentary perks that you can’t get on your own — from VIP introduction to the hotel’s management to upgrades, scrumptious breakfasts and hotel spending credits.
Call Josh for details, excellent pricing, the ultimate in service & exclusive hotel amenities with Virtuoso.
4083 24th street, #460250, san francisco, ca 94114 cst# 2080753-40